For the following three weeks, there’s a ban on indoor restaurant eating and grownup group health, and restricted indoor worship.
These are simply a few of the guidelines because the province tries to get a deal with on a startling spike in COVID-19 circumstances.
Provincial well being officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry introduced the brand new well being and security measures that will probably be in place till April nineteenth.
Dr. Henry says placing new restrictions in place is all the time a troublesome determination:
“I can say that we now have been agonizing over this throughout the province with my public well being colleagues for the final variety of days. However we all know extra now, and we all know that there are settings that we will safely have actions and specializing in these secure actions, significantly outside with small numbers of individuals, is what’s going to get us by way of.”
“COVID-19 continues to create challenges for folks and companies all through B.C., and we’re grateful for the sacrifices folks proceed to make to maintain each other secure,” mentioned Premier John Horgan.
“We all know that the concept of extra restrictions isn’t welcome information, however we’re asking folks to rise to the problem with the boldness that vaccines imply higher days are forward. We aren’t out of the woods but, however the provincial well being officer’s orders, mixed with our vaccines, give us the instruments we have to transfer out of this pandemic collectively.”
New and amended orders and pointers are in impact by way of April nineteenth, and embrace:
- For eating places, bars and pubs, all meals and liquor-serving premises should solely present take-out or supply service. Dine-in service is prohibited, aside from out of doors patios. Folks eating on patios ought to accomplish that with their fast family or core bubble.
- Indoor, grownup group health actions of any form are additionally paused. Gyms and health centres are restricted to particular person or one-on-one actions solely i.e. one-on-one private coaching.
- The beforehand introduced class variance for restricted indoor worship providers has been suspended. Outside worship providers beneath the present variance could proceed.
- Journey continues to be restricted to important journey, work or medical causes solely. For many who have travelled exterior their well being area, should you or anybody in your loved ones develops any indicators of sickness, you have to keep house from work, faculty or daycare, and organize to get examined instantly.
- Whistler-Blackcomb ski resort is closed by way of to April nineteenth to deal with and forestall group unfold associated to non-essential journey.
- All employees are strongly inspired to do business from home, the place doable.
- Public well being steering for faculties has additionally been amended to help and encourage college students right down to Grade 4 to put on masks whereas at college.
“Rising case ranges, variants of concern, elevated transmission and a rise in additional extreme circumstances are big issues,” mentioned well being minister Adrian Dix.
“B.C. public well being officers are making the robust decisions now to interrupt the chain and shield our communities.”
Dr. Henry says whereas social connection is essential, so is maintaining our family members and ourselves secure.
“All of us have a alternative – to remain secure or put our family members, our associates and ourselves in danger, which is why non-essential actions must be restricted and must be exterior with the identical small variety of folks. The sacrifices we make at the moment will assist all of us to get by way of this storm.”
At present, the province reported on three intervals:
March twenty sixth to twenty seventh, B.C. had 936 new circumstances, March twenty seventh to twenty eighth there have been 805 new circumstances, and within the final 24-hours, there have been one other 774 new circumstances.
This quantities to 2,518 new circumstances, for a complete of 98,165 in B.C.
A complete of 299 persons are at the moment hospitalized with COVID-19, 79 of whom are in intensive care.
There have been six new COVID-19 associated deaths, for a complete of 1,455.
New circumstances by area:
Vancouver Coastal Well being – 816
Fraser Well being – 1,280
Island Well being – 142
Inside Well being – 156
Northern Well being – 121
Individuals who reside exterior Canada – three