Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Division of Well being immediately confirmed as of 12:00 a.m., April 3, that there have been 5,343 extra optimistic circumstances of COVID-19, bringing the statewide whole to 1,038,749.
There are 2,173 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that quantity, 433 sufferers are within the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Many of the sufferers hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and a lot of the deaths have occurred in sufferers 65 or older. Extra information is offered here.
The pattern within the 14-day transferring common variety of hospitalized sufferers per day is about 4,300 decrease than it was on the peak on December 25, 2020. The present 14-day common can be under what it was on the peak of the spring peak on Could 3, 2020.
Statewide p.c positivity for the week of March 26 – April 1 stood at 9.4%.
As of 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 2, there have been 40 new deaths recognized by the Pennsylvania demise registry, for a complete of 25,188 deaths attributed to COVID-19. County-specific data and a statewide map can be found on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals started receiving shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 14 and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 21. The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine was first allotted to Pennsylvania the week of March 1, and the commonwealth is utilizing it for particular initiatives and efforts to vaccinate susceptible teams. Vaccination numbers for Pennsylvania don’t embrace Philadelphia, which is its personal jurisdiction, or federal services, that are working instantly with the federal authorities.
- In line with the CDC, as of Saturday morning, April 3, Pennsylvania has administered first doses of vaccine to 33.5% of its eligible inhabitants, and the state ranks twelfth amongst all 50 states for first doses administered by share of inhabitants.
- In line with the CDC, as of Saturday morning, April 3, Pennsylvania ranks fifth amongst all 50 states for whole doses administered.
- Vaccine suppliers have administered 5,526,752 whole vaccine doses as of Saturday, April 3.
- 1,960,809 folks are totally vaccinated; with a seven-day transferring common of near 89,000 folks per day receiving vaccinations.
- 1,733,367 individuals are partially vaccinated, which means they’ve obtained one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 3,694,176 folks have obtained no less than their first dose.
- This week, a complete of 5,870,320 doses may have been allotted via April 3:
- Up to now, we’ve administered 5,526,752 doses whole via April 3:
- First/single doses: 3,694,176 administered
- Second doses: 1,832,576 administered
Masks-wearing is required in all companies and each time leaving residence. Constant mask-wearing is crucial to stopping the unfold of COVID-19.
There are 131,166 people who’ve a optimistic viral antigen take a look at and are thought of possible circumstances and 639 people who’ve a optimistic serology take a look at and both COVID-19 signs or a high-risk publicity.
There are 4,162,432 people who’ve examined adverse so far.
In licensed nursing and private care houses, there are 69,423 resident circumstances of COVID-19, and 14,320 circumstances amongst staff, for a complete of 83,743 at 1,577 distinct services in all 67 counties. Out of whole deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 12,943 have occurred in residents from nursing or private care services. A county breakdown will be discovered here. Word that the variety of deaths reported to NEDSS isn’t precisely the identical because the COVID-19 associated deaths reported by the demise registry. The variety of deaths amongst nursing and private care residence residents and staff is taken from the PA-NEDSS demise information, as this data isn’t accessible within the demise registry information.
Roughly 26,585 of our whole circumstances are amongst well being care staff.
Statewide – The Wolf Administration has since midday, April 2:
· Introduced the completion of the teacher and school staff vaccination initiative.
· Supplied Pennsylvania State Police enforcement data.
Whereas vaccine provide from the federal authorities stays restricted, the Division of Well being is working to make sure the vaccine is supplied in a manner that’s moral, equitable and environment friendly. To maintain Pennsylvanians knowledgeable about vaccination efforts:
· The Your Turn software offers a strategy to register to be alerted when it’s your flip to be vaccinated.
· A commonwealth COVID-19 vaccination guide explains the present course of for getting one. Pennsylvanians with questions concerning the vaccination course of can name the Division of Well being hotline at 1-877-724-3258.
· Vaccine provider map to discover a COVID-19 vaccine supplier close to you.
· The entire places that obtained vaccine and the way a lot they’ve obtained will be discovered on the COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution webpage.
· Vaccine dashboard data may also be discovered on the web site to search out extra data on the doses administered and showcase demographic data.
- The Unite Against COVID Weekly Update is a round-up of reports you should utilize and solutions to your most urgent vaccine questions – delivered on to your inbox each week.
· Often requested questions will be discovered here.
The Wolf Administration stresses the function Pennsylvanians play in serving to to scale back the unfold of COVID-19:
· Wash your palms with cleaning soap and water for no less than 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if cleaning soap and water are usually not accessible.
· Cowl any coughs or sneezes together with your elbow, not your palms.
· Clear surfaces often.
· Keep residence to keep away from spreading COVID-19, particularly in case you are unwell.
· When you should exit, you’re required to put on a masks when in a enterprise or the place it’s troublesome to take care of correct social distancing.
Up to date Coronavirus Hyperlinks: Press Releases, State Lab Pictures, Graphics
· Photos of the state’s lab in Exton (for obtain and use)
· Coronavirus and preparedness graphics (positioned on the backside of the web page)
MEDIA CONTACT: Barry Ciccocioppo, email@example.com
# # #