Energy bars and flapjacks are each easy to make and can give the youngsters a lift.
Generally youngsters want a wee vitality booster – particularly in the event that they’ve been outdoors taking part in with their buddies, exercising and even simply strolling the canine.
Energy bars are easy to make, require no baking and are an ideal pre or post-workout snack for all ages.
Preserve a stash within the fridge and reward your self whenever you want a “decide me up”, or pop them into your pocket to take with you on-the-go.
There’s additionally one thing good and comforting a couple of flapjack.
The model reverse, filled with seedy, nutty granola, speckled with apricots and topped with a delicious layer of milk chocolate, will carry everybody to the kitchen for a chat and a slice!
Lizi’s Breakfast Range is on the market from a lot of supermarkets and well being shops.
Lizi’s excessive protein chocolate energy bars
(Makes 1 tray)
- 200g dates or a combination of dates, sultanas, prunes or dried fruit
- 200g Lizi’s Excessive Protein granola (put aside 20g for later use)
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder combined with 3 tbsp boiling water
- 4 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp of both coconut, rapeseed, sunflower or olive oil
- 1 tbsp of both runny honey, date syrup or agave nectar.
- Pinch of salt
- Blitz the dates in a meals processor or blender.
- If they’re very dry, add 1 tbsp of water (and solely add 2 tbsp water to the cocoa). Rigorously combine the cocoa powder with the boiling water in a mug.
- As soon as the dates are sticky and clean, add all the different substances (180g granola) and blitz once more. Line a baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Scrape within the combination and press down very firmly. You’ll need to make use of your fingers to actually push it down.
- Use your fingertips to press the remaining 20g of granola on high. Chill for 2-3 hours, or ideally in a single day.
- Use a knife and slice into items. Wrap a number of particular person bars in non-stick baking paper so you may take them with you in your run or every day train!
- Retailer within the fridge.
Lizi’s milk chocolate, honey and apricot flapjacks
(Makes 1 tray)
- 100g butter or margarine
- 50g brown or demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp honey or golden/maple syrup
- 300g of Lizi’s Authentic Granola
- Pinch of salt
- 75g chopped apricots
- 50g sultanas or a grated apple
- 150g milk chocolate chips or a roughly chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gasoline Mark 4.
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and soften. Put the granola, apricots and sultanas/apple into a big bowl.
- Pour the melted butter and sugar combination on to the dry substances and stir nicely to mix.
- Line a tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Scrape the combination into the tin and press down gently with the again of a spoon.
- Put into the preheated oven and bake for quarter-hour. Carry fastidiously out of the oven and depart to chill fully within the tin.
- Soften the chocolate in brief bursts within the microwave or a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water.
- As soon as the flapjack is totally chilly, unfold with the melted chocolate and pop within the fridge to set for about an hour earlier than chopping into fingers.