ORLAND PARK – A fireplace began on the Lifetime Health in Orland Park on Friday evening.
The Orland Fireplace District responded to 16333 LaGrange Street at 7:18 p.m. for an automated fireplace alarm.
Evacuation was already in progress when fireplace crews arrived. They entered the constructing to analyze the supply of the alarm.
Crews discovered smoke within the rear of the constructing close to the women and men’s locker room, fireplace officers mentioned.
They then started to tug ceiling within the locker rooms and discovered energetic fireplace burning above the drop ceiling.
The fireplace was extinguished.
Fireplace officers mentioned the hearth had been burning within the void house between the drop ceiling and the second ground, which is above the sprinklers and smoke detectors.
An air dealing with smoke detector activated to alert the hearth division that there was smoke within the constructing.
The reason for the hearth was a results of lint construct up from dryers that had unfold up into the ceiling house.
No accidents have been reported.
Officers say the enterprise can be closed till repairs are made.