SNAP-Ed New York Southern Finger Lakes Area has developed two new on-line lessons to assist the group study wholesome new cooking expertise. The lessons are freed from cost.
Cultural CookAlong Periods
Working with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben, Schuyler, and Yates Counties SNAP-Ed NY is presenting two Cultural Cook dinner-Alongside lessons. Savor the flavors of the world throughout this free on-line meals demonstration stuffed with suggestions to save cash, make it wholesome, and blend it up within the kitchen with easy, low-cost elements!
The Style of Mexico – will characteristic the recipe Yucatan Rooster Tacos on the next dates:
April 19, 2021 | 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM
April 20, 2021 | 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
April 21, 2021 | 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM
To cook dinner alongside our chef, be a part of with the next elements:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar (balsamic or apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked rooster, shredded or diced
- 2 cups cabbage or coleslaw combine, shredded
- 3/4 cup purple onion, chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup cheese (afiejo, queso, fresco, feta, or monterey jack)
- 1 avocado, chopped (non-obligatory)
- The Style of India will characteristic the recipe Vegetable Curry on the next dates:
- April 26, 2021 | 3:30 PM- 4:30 PM
- April 27, 2021 | 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- April 28, 2021 | 10:30 AM- 11:30 AM
- To cook dinner alongside our chef, be a part of with the next elements:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 candy potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
Cooking Issues for Cooks and Children
SNAP-Ed NY and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Steuben County is presenting an internet cooking class for youth known as Cooking Issues for Cooks and Children. Over Zoom, children will study tips for wholesome consuming. Younger cooks will follow primary kitchen expertise.
• April 15 from 4 – 5:30 p.m. they are going to whip up a nutritious breakfast! To cook dinner alongside Chef Kelsey, be a part of with the next elements: 3 inexperienced onions, 15.5 oz black beans, 1 bell pepper, 1 garlic clove, Black pepper, Canola oil, Cooking spray, 2 oz low-fat cheese, 4 entire wheat tortillas, 3 eggs, and Cumin.
• nApril 22 from 4 – 5:30 p.m. they are going to put together a grab-and-go snack, Peanut Butter Balls. To cook dinner alongside Chef Kelsey, be a part of with the next elements: Peanut butter or sunflower butter, 15.5 oz can chickpeas, Honey, Vanilla extract, and Fast cooking oats.
For questions or to register for any of those lessons, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or name 607-664-2300.