Gavi, The Global Financing Facility and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria — the world’s three greatest well being initiatives — work in the direction of a world the place everybody can have entry to good well being care. They’ve already achieved quite a bit when it comes to common well being protection. However they will obtain much more in the event that they align their efforts to construct robust well being methods.
As a result of robust well being methods are key to good out there, reasonably priced, and accessible well being care, which has additionally confirmed to be an important aspect within the battle towards a worldwide pandemic.
The 3Gs have dedicated to work collectively to achieve their widespread aim. Nonetheless, this has not been totally realised but. Cordaid and Wemos lately revealed a report on how the 3Gs might higher coordinate their efforts to strengthen well being methods. The report concludes with a set of suggestions on what could be performed to hurry up the method.
“This report is absolutely step one. Even when coordination is enhancing at a worldwide stage, what actually issues is what performs out on the nation stage.” — Myria Koutsoumpa, Wemos
On 19 April 2021, Cordaid and Wemos organised a webinar to share the findings of the report and take the dialogue to the subsequent stage. The audio system and matters had been:
- Opening be aware: Marja Esveld, Dutch Ministry of International Affairs
- Abstract of the report: Myria Koutsoumpa, Wemos
- The commitments the 3Gs made: Henrdik Hscmitz, International Motion Plan.
- The GFF perspectieve: Ellen van de Poel, GFF
- Sharing nation experiences of working with the 3Gs: Andrew Ngugi, South Sudan and Derrick Nsibirwa, Uganda.