In the case of the perfect ever chewy Anzac biscuits, you actually can’t go previous this recipe.
And in case you like crisp Anzac biscuits reasonably than chewy ones, prepare dinner for an extra 2 to three minutes. Biscuits could be made as much as one week forward – bear in mind to retailer them in an hermetic container. Get the total recipe under!
Watch Sonia Kruger make her well-known Anzac biscuits above
Finest Ever Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/3 cups conventional rolled oats
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Grease and line two massive oven trays with baking paper.
- Place flour in a big bowl. Stir in oats, sugar and coconut.
- Soften butter and syrup in a small saucepan over a medium warmth. Take away pan from warmth. Dissolve soda in water in a small heatproof jug. Instantly stir into butter combination till mixed.
- Pour butter combination over oat combination. Combine nicely. Roll 2 degree tablespoons of combination into balls. Place about 5cm aside on ready trays. Barely flatten with fingertips.
- Cook dinner each trays in a reasonably sluggish oven (160C), swapping midway, for about 15 to 18 minutes, or till golden brown. Take away. Stand on trays for 10 minutes.
- Switch biscuits to a wire rack to chill earlier than serving.