Ice cream is a good way to chill down on a sizzling day. And it tastes even higher you probably have made it your self, like this blackcurrant yoghurt delight.
I like ice cream and I additionally love yoghurt so after I noticed this recipe from Yeo Valley which mixes the 2, I knew I used to be on to a winner.
This ice cream is a superb accompaniment to fruit, an apple tart or crumble, or just loved by itself.
You may also have enjoyable experimenting with different flavours of yoghurt to see how they prove, too.
I first made my very own ice cream about 30 years in the past after I used a tin of blended berries so this recipe has introduced again fond reminiscences of that have. It was an extremely tasty deal with and I’ll positively be making extra all through the summer time months forward.
You probably have missed any of the recipes in our Summer season Sizzlers collection yow will discover them by clicking here.
Blackcurrant yoghurt ice cream
- 150ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g caster sugar
- 225g Yeo Valley Natural RHS Restricted Version British Blackcurrant Yogurt
- Place the milk and the cream right into a pan and place on the range, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar till good and fluffy.
- As soon as the cream combination involves the boil, take away from the warmth, pour over the egg combination and gently whisk collectively.
- Cross by means of a tremendous sieve and as soon as cooled down, add the blackcurrant yoghurt after which pour all of the combination into an ice cream machine and churn.
- Place the ice cream into the freezer till required.
Notice: When you don’t have an ice cream maker, you possibly can beat with a hand blender or in a mixer till peaks type or, alternatively, place the combination within the freezer and take away each half-hour and stir by means of with a fork to cease ice crystals forming.