WINNIPEG, MB, June 1, 2021 /CNW/ – Artis Actual Property Funding Belief (“Artis” or the “REIT”) (TSX: AX.UN) introduced immediately that it has printed its annual Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Report, offering an replace on the REIT’s ESG practices, insurance policies and targets and highlighting the progress made in 2020.
“I’m happy to share Artis’ annual ESG Report with our stakeholders, demonstrating our dedication to creating ESG a core part of our go-forward imaginative and prescient and technique for Artis. My aim is to create and foster an setting during which ESG is woven into the very material of our enterprise and types an integral a part of our day-to-day operations and tradition – a real ESG-minded firm,” stated Samir Manji, President and CEO of Artis. “This extends past our board, senior executives and workers to our funding choices and our position with many stakeholders and the broader neighborhood. We are going to attempt to be sustainability leaders, and to exhibit a excessive customary of ESG consciousness and best-in-class practices and look ahead to proving our dedication by means of ongoing assessment, transparency and efficiency.”
Choose highlights from Artis’ 2020 ESG Report embody:
- diversification on the Board of Trustees, together with 57% feminine illustration and 29% Black, Indigenous and Individuals of Color illustration
- diversification all through the group, together with 67% feminine illustration in C-suite positions and 50% feminine illustration throughout the corporate
- adoption of improved Board Mandate, Committee Charters, Place Descriptions and varied governance insurance policies
- implementation of an enhanced Code of Enterprise Conduct and Ethics, Whistleblower Safety Coverage and Insider Buying and selling and Blackout Coverage
- certification achieved or maintained by Management in Power and Environmental Design (“LEED”) of 15 properties, by Constructing House owners and Managers Affiliation (“BOMA”) Constructing Environmental Requirements (“BEST”) of 17 properties and by Power Star of 20 properties
- implementation of latest software program to investigate, report on and cut back consumption within the portfolio
- recognition as one among Canada’s High Small and Medium Employers and Manitoba’s High Employers for 2020
- prioritization of well being and wellness initiatives for workers, together with wholesome life-style challenges and webinars associated to emphasize and private finance administration to supply assist and connectivity throughout a yr of unprecedented change associated to the COVID-19 pandemic
A duplicate of the ESG Report may be discovered on Artis’ web site at: www.artisreit.com/about-us/environmental-social-governance/.
Artis is a diversified Canadian actual property funding belief with a portfolio of commercial, workplace and retail properties in Canada and america. Artis’ imaginative and prescient is to construct a best-in-class asset administration and funding platform targeted on rising web asset worth per unit and distributions for buyers by means of worth investing in actual property.
SOURCE Artis Actual Property Funding Belief
For additional info: please contact Mr. Samir Manji, Chief Govt Officer or Ms. Heather Nikkel, Vice-President – Investor Relations of the REIT at 1.204.947.1250