It’s a must to be a bit organised with this recipe, because the oats must soak in a single day, says Jenny Chandler. However you can make double the combination and preserve it within the fridge for 3-4 days. Don’t add the grated apple till simply earlier than you eat it, although, or it could flip brown.
- 4 servings
- 100g rolled oats
- 200ml pure apple juice
- 50-100ml dairy or plant milk
- 2-3 dessert apples
- 200g seasonal fruit (peaches, plums or berries), stoned and chopped
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 200ml pure dairy or coconut yogurt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- The evening earlier than, combine the oats in a bowl with the apple juice and depart within the fridge.
- Within the morning, add sufficient milk to the oats in order that they don’t seem to be too sticky. Grate the apple – peel and all, right down to the core – and stir into the oats.
- Spoon the oats into bowls, or use glasses for a extra fancy contact.
- Divide half of the fruit and nuts between bowls, then blob within the yogurt.
- Prime with the remainder of the fruit and nuts and drizzle over some maple syrup or honey.
Taken from Inexperienced Children Cook dinner: Easy, scrumptious recipes & high suggestions by Jenny Chandler, revealed by Pavilion at £14.99. To purchase from The Week Bookshop for £11.99, name 020-3176 3835 or go to theweekbookshop.co.uk